In Memory Of A Faded Sun-Baby Lawani.

Its exactly three months since the death of my cousin, but her memories remains evergreen in my heart. Baby, as she is fondly called was born October 29, 1997 in Adoka, Benue State. the first time I met her was in 2009, that year I travelled home for her grandmother's burial and it was my first in the village.

Since then, we became very close like a brother and sister should. most times I had to travel home in December to spend the chrismas with my her and the rest of my family . I remember vividly how she takes me round the village, visiting the most unique places around the village.

So brilliant, brave and beautiful in her prime, she was just about the star among her peers. so full of life and enegry, humble and hospitable. her wisdom dazzles me most above all her God given attributes. Baby would advice you to a reasonable conviction.
And so, year in, year we never stayed far from each other even though the distance was massive cause she lived in the village with my Mom while I stay in the city.
And the inevitable started it way on her lane one day she called and said she fell sick and has since been admitted at St Daniel's Hospital in Otukpo, Benue State. a very popular hospital around that area.

I never thought death was creeping in gradually, for me it was like a normal illness that would heal after a short time. but unfortunately, one day exactly July 21st (2015) my Mom called around 1:15pm I missed the call, so I called back around 4:15pm and She started crying as she broke the news to me that Baby is dead! so I began to ask rhetorically why, how, where when?

She died of Leukemia(cancer of the blood cells) till this moment I find it hard to believe my Sister is gone this soon. her death has really taught me alot life, that we are not here to stay forever, as mortals. and it reminds me an excerpt from a poem I'd written sometime ago and it goes thus

                                             "Life's nothing but the
                                              Beautiful things we crave for
                                              But the Ugly ones we are left with
                                              To love
                                              dawn after dawn.
   
Late Baby @10

I and Late Baby at home in 2010

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heroes reality TV Show Set To Unveil All 37 Housemates.

OMG ! An Angel like Image Spotted In The Sky In Dansoman, Ghana.

HEROES TV SHOW AUDITIONS...the search for 37 housemates is still on.